A rustic Italian style savoury tart with cherry tomatoes and salami filling
Prep time:10 mins
Cook time:20 mins
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 350g jar Leggo’s Stir Through Sauce - Tomato, Olive and Chilli
- 6 thin slices chargrilled eggplant
- 10 vine ripened cherry tomatoes
- 6 slices sopressa salami
- 1/3 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 12 pitted black olives
- Fresh parsley leaves, for garnish
Place sheets of pastry together, overlapping 1cm on one edge. Gently press seam together.
Spread the pastry liberally with Leggo’s Stir Through Sauce to within 2cm of the edges. Arrange the eggplant, tomatoes and salami over the pastry. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and roll in the edges. Bake using a classic setting in a preheated oven at 200°C for 20 minutes. Serve topped with black olives and parsley leaves.
The classic setting uses the bottom element as well as the fan. This ensures the base of the pastry is cooked.