Roasted tomatoes and garlic made into a soup, just delicious.
Prep time:15 mins
Cook time:25 mins
- 3 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 3 medium sized tomatoes, cut into quarters
- Oil spray
- 140g tub Leggo’s Tomato Paste
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- Grated parmesan cheese and fresh basil leaves, for garnish
Place garlic cloves and tomatoes on a baking paper lined tray. Spray with oil. Bake in preheated oven at 200°C for 15 minutes. Allow to cool before removing skins from both garlic and tomatoes.
Combine garlic, tomatoes, Leggo’s Tomato Paste and stock in a medium saucepan. Season to taste. Simmer for 10 minutes.
Puree soup with a stick blender. Pour into serving bowls, garnish with parmesan cheese and basil leaves. Serve
Soup can be made 1-2 days ahead. Garnish with grilled pieces of prosciutto if desired.