Leggo’s Tomato Paste is a “concentrated” flavour-maker and excellent basic ingredient in any kitchen.
- Mayonnaise or salad dressings.
- Spices and a little oil as a marinade.
- Natural yoghurt, curry paste or spices to make chicken or lamb marinade.
- Oil, mustard, garlic and Worcestershire sauce to make a BBQ steak or kebab marinade.
- A spoonful of soy sauce, honey, sherry, garlic to create an Asian style marinade.
- Melted butter, crushed garlic, cracked black pepper, fresh basil and oregano and spread onto focaccia or sliced Italian bread stick. Wrap in foil and warm in a hot oven.
- Red wine, balsamic glaze or lemon juice, garlic and crushed black peppercorns and brush onto lamb cutlets, beef steaks, chicken fillets or king prawns.
Home cooked breads, muffins, scones and loaves, hamburgers, rissoles, patties and meat loaf mixtures.
Pizza bases, focaccia & pita breads, savoury muffins, bruschetta or toasted sandwiches and schnitzel.
For an added flavour boost, stir into:
Soups, sauces & gravies, risottos, casseroles, curries and tagines, quiches, fritters and cheese dishes and vegetable stock.
- Always use a clean spoon when adding paste from larger jars.
- Spoon tomato paste into a plastic resealable container, freeze, then tip into a plastic bag, seal and keep in the freezer for instant use.
- Once a jar is open, cover tomato paste with a thin layer of oil to prevent the air coming into contact with the product. Store in the refrigerator.